Huron County Department of Job and Family Services

Norwalk, OH - 44857

Huron County Department of Job and Family

Services Contact Info

Find the latest and most accurate information on Huron County Department of Job and Family Services


185 Shady Lane Drive
Norwalk, OH - 44857


  • Monday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
  • Tuesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
  • Wednesday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
  • Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
  • Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm


(419) 668-8126

Frequently Asked Questions

Are appointments required? 1 responses

User Answers

Yes Answered Jun 16, 2021

What documents do I need to present?
How do I file an anonymous report?
How to file a complaint on a caseworker?
How to report fraud?
Do you provide paternity tests?

Information on Services

Huron County Department of Job and Family Services mission is providing services and support to strengthen our community. Huron County Department of Job & Family Services strives to provide programs to strengthen families, protect children, and the elderly. An important component in supporting independent families is to promote self-sufficiency as a way of life. Support services such as assistance with buying food, limited financial aid, getting adequate health care coverage, and child care are all supportive measures to help families in their pursuit of success.

Children Services: All children need and deserve to grow up in a safe, stable family. For some children who are abused and neglected, this may mean living with a foster or adoptive family is the best alternative to their biological family. Huron County Children Services, in collaboration with our community, builds upon the strengths of families by providing or linking them to prevention and intervention services and resources.

Child Support: Parents have a responsibility to support their children financially. Obtaining child support is important to your child(ren)'s well-being. A child support order sets the amount and type of support parents are required to provide for their child(ren). If a person does not already receive support, the child's parent, guardian, legal custodian, or the person with whom the child lives (considered the residential parent), can contact the local Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) for assistance in establishing an order for the payment of child support and health care needs of the child(ren).

The Workforce Division of Huron County DJFS along with the OhioMeansJobs-Huron County Center provide various free services to JOBS First! Clients, Job Seekers and Employers. We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses. Thank you for your Service! The Workforce Department also oversees the following programs: JOBS First!, WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) Adult/Dislocated Worker, OJT (On the Job Training), CCMEP (Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program) for Youth, and PRC (Prevention, Retention and Contingency). For those interested in more information about any of the above, please click the appropriate link to your right.

Leave your Review

Have you visited this office? Let us know about your experience.